|Vision for YouTube is freely available!|
Vision is a free application and there is no purchase or registration necessary. You can download Vision to your device by visiting http://vision.metova.com/download from your BlackBerry browser.
If you are running into any problems, please first browse our FAQ page.
Vision for YouTube provides users with easy access to search, view, and share YouTube videos. Vision for YouTube started as a personal project for Martin Reed, a developer at Metova. It is not sold in any way and has been made available because we thought the world would enjoy a better YouTube application.
- Vision for YouTube is dependent not only on your phone's capabilities, but your currently available bandwidth. Some carriers block access to stream via RTSP.
- If you cannot stream with the BlackBerry browser from http://m.youtube.com, you will likewise not be able to use Vision for YouTube.
- Vision for YouTube plays the only available YouTube stream that will work on BlackBerry and the application has no ability to impact the quality of the audio or video.
- If you receive an error code from the media player, there is unfortunately nothing we can do about it. The application utilizes the provided media player component, therefore you will get to see both it's good and bad behaviors. We have provided a list of Player Error Codes for you to help determine the specific nature of your issue. Overwhelmingly, the majority of problems occur due to lack of bandwidth.
|Current device restrictions|
Vision for YouTube is restricted to devices running a 4.3.0 or newer operating system, but is only recommended for use with devices using 4.6.0 and higher. While Vision may install and run correctly, the device and carrier must support RTSP video streaming in order to play the YouTube media.
New screenshots will be available as the user interface changes. You can view the latest screenshots here.
Shortcuts can be used through the keyboard for switching between pages and reloading a standard feed. The available shortcuts are:
- N = next page
- P = previous page
- R = reload feed (not searches)
- D = view video details
- (space) = watch a video
- (enter) = watch a video
- (touch) = enable/disable fullscreen
- F = enable/disable fullscreen
- R = restart video
- (space) pause/play video
Vision provides third-party developers with the ability to supply a custom search query while launching the application. More details can be found here.